The Monday Push
Happy Monday team!
We hope you had a great weekend. Here’s what's on our radar this week…
Recipe of the week:
Asian Ginger Chicken Meatballs with Spaghetti Squash
We’re obsessed with this healthy and fun alternative to spaghetti and meatballs. It is so easy to make and it is so tasty. You are going to love it.
We suggest putting the squash in the oven while you cook the meatballs. Total cook time for this recipe is about 55 minutes.
- 1 LB. ground chicken
- 1.5 TBSP ground ginger seasoning (you can also use minced fresh ginger)
- 1 whole egg
- 4 TBSP coconut aminos
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 green onion stalks, chopped
- ¼ cup chicken broth (optional, makes meatballs juicer)
- 2 spaghetti squashes
- 2 TBSP of olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
For the Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit. Cut squashes in half, then scoop out any seeds or ribbing from the inside.
- Drizzle the inside of the squash with 1 TBSP of olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Put the squash cut side down on a baking sheet, then put into the oven for 30-40 minutes or until lightly browned on the outside. When done you should be able to pierce it with a fork.
- When done. Remove from the oven and flip the squashes. Let them cool. When cooled, scoop out the inside of the spaghetti squash into a bowl.
- Mix in 2 TBSP of coconut aminos to give a teriyaki-like flavor.
For the meatballs
- In a bowl, combine ground chicken, ground ginger, egg, 2 TBSP of the coconut aminos, garlic powder, onion powder, green onion, and chicken broth.
- Heat 1 TBSP of olive oil in a large skillet or frying pan over medium heat.
- Form 1” meatballs and add them to the skillet, cooking for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. All over. Be sure to turn the meatballs occasionally. When done transfer to a plate.
We are absolutely obsessed with this one. If the servings are too much for you, you can divide the ingredients in half to serve two. We also recommend putting any leftovers aside and having for lunch the next day. Let us know what you think!
Wellness Tip of the week:
Get some sun in your eyes this week!
Nothing is better than that feeling of calm, yet recharged energy after getting some sun. With daylight savings being over, the sun is out later and it is getting stronger each day. We challenge you to get some sun, not only for the Vitamin-D, but for the vibes too.
Positive Quote of the week:
“If you are always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be”
The LiveBy team wishes you an amazing week ahead.
Remember to keep your head up, and keep it moving.